Monday, June 1, 2009

playing school....



When I was taking my photography class last spring....

Sophie and Taylor were always so willing to be my subjects when I needed to practice my skills. They both love the camera. The boys on the other hand, usually run and cover their faces when they see me coming with my camera. I have so many random pictures of Taylor & Sophie that I have not yet posted, those will hopefully come after this post?! Little by little I am trying to catch up.
Anyhow... one morning last April, I captured Sophie doing her favorite thing which is
Playing School.
The actual pictures are not very good quality, but they are just priceless because they are sooo her. They show how dramatic her little personality is. She is constantly playing school in her little school house that we have in our backyard. She has imaginary students and she reads to them, she disciplines them, makes up report cards, puts their names on the white board and she seems to really think they are listening to her. I love to stand outside and listen to her talk to them, it is a crack up.

Beware of the many pictures, but I couldn't leave any out...

Here we have

the

SiMaS ScHoOl HoUsE




and here below we have

"Miss Simas"

writing on her white board that boys are bad and the girls are good


I am so glad that I was able to capture something that I see almost everyday, this is just priceless to me. I never want to forget these expressions she is making and how alive her class is to her.

Love the tongue & concentration

she uses this bell when she is trying to get her students attention. This little desk she is sitting at used to be Scott's when he was her age. His mom gave it to our kids and Sophie loves to use it!


She didn't seem to be too bothered that I was taking pictures during

"story time"

You go girl

Keep in mind... she is 5 years old in these pictures and she was just beginning to read. So she just makes the story up as she goes along.

I wish I would of had this on video

her expressions kill me

During the middle of the story she would ask the students to please "hold on just one moment" so she could rearrange her chair to the other side of the room

She is a great little story teller

and finally

at the end of the story she looks at me and says...

The. End.

with a big ole' smile

3 comments:

Lorri said...

I love it! What a cutie.

Tiffany said...

She has such an imagination and has always loved playing school!

Tiffany said...

She has such an imagination and has always loved playing school!