Sunday, February 22, 2009

Super Powers



Last week as I was going thru my morning routine check with 2 of my boys.....

lunch?
agenda's signed?
shoes tied?
sweat shirt?
vitamins?
teeth brushed?
rooms clean?
beds made?
basement lights OFF?

Of course, last but not least, as I am hugging them out the door, I ask.... did you do the MOST important thing this morning......
Your Personal Prayers?

This particular boy loves to get to school early & on time so, he gets a little frustrated when he has to go back & redo a task or wait on the other brother. He was very clever by answering (with a sarcastic voice) "no, I forgot, and is this going to give me SUPER POWERS or something?!?" I was a little surprised as to what he said & then thought how clever, OF COURSE it does, nothing could be further than the truth & nothing could be more powerful than prayer. We all know that. I looked at him and said, "there is no greater power than Heavenly Fathers power, no super hero could do what he can do for you." I think he was a little surprised that it fit so perfectly. I loved this analogy, especially for little boys who admire super hero's. So, now when I remind them all, "don't leave the house with out your SUPER POWERS!" It will seem a little more appealing.
Besides....who wouldn't want to leave with out their SUPER POWERS, anyway?


7 comments:

AudyCamp said...

LOve those moments where as Mom's we can answer back with the perfect answer and then moments later you think..."Wow-that was brilliant of me." :) Cute story Tracey.

Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Let me guess who that was? Ha! He is so funny. It is so true though. It really makes a difference in the day when we forget to pray.

Lacey said...

aw trace, that is such a cute story! (and brilliant)! You always have the most entertaining stories. I love hearing them! So are you guys coming up to ski anytime soon? Deer Valley was seriously awesome and a blast! Let me know, love you! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Tracey- that is such a cute story it gave me little goose bumps, especially when I think about how moms can take a moment like that and throw it out or use it to make sense of on their level...you did a great job !!!

Sarah Norton said...

You are an inspiration! I'll give it a try!