This Christmas season is not starting out the way I had planned. Last weekend, I changed my plane ticket and came home a day early from California so that I could get all my Christmas decor up, with no kids around. Then as a family, Sunday evening we would decorate the trees and then of course Monday morning I would be all decorated, house would be clean {from all the glitter} and we would be ready to start the week! Organized.
No such luck....
When I pulled out two of the trees, of course all the lights were out in the big one and 3/4 of the lights were out in the other tree. Shoot! So I called our light guy who has put our lights up in the past and he came by and pretty much told me that this was way too big of a job and that it would take too many hours and that I needed to call the store that I bought it from and have it restrung. No luck again... Home decor is out of business! Great! Scott and the kids got home and everything was done except the trees! So no tree decorating. Bummer. Monday morning Scott hired two guys and had them here in my garage, cutting all the lights out of the trees. They started at 7 a.m. and finished at 1:30 p.m. What a joke! We went to dinner and to the Temple for family night and after the kids got to bed, Scott and I worked on the family room tree till midnight. Thanks hun.
Tuesday I finished the family room tree on my own and as I was finishing putting the lights on, they all blew! BUG. Of course, I called Scott frustrated and said "I am not an electrician, what the heck did I do?!" He came home and helped me and of course fixed it. Thanks again. My mom came over that night and helped Scott and I with the big tree, We were up till 12:30. Still didn't finish. The next day, Scott left out of town and I'm on my own with the big tree. Ugh! My mom reassures me that she will be here as soon as she can, to help me the next day. She shows up last night. Thank you.
Mom's are lifesavers!

If anyone knows me well enough, they would know that this kind of stuff makes my skin crawl. I don't do well when things are out of order.
This is what our family room and living room have looked like since last Saturday.
I've been going crazy and trying to keep my cool at the same time.
I haven't lost it yet.

I finally finished the family room tree last evening.
Happy Day....

This is Austin {my new electrician} and my mom at 12:30 this morning finishing putting the last piece, on the tree.
Another happy day...
I went to bed with red, swollen arms & hands - they look like a kitty cat scratched the heck out of them.
They hurt.

I woke up at 5:45 this morning to get Austin off to his A hour, we turned the lights on.... all was well. I took him to school. I came in the garage door, turned on the hall lights, they didn't turn on and I walked down the hall and what do you know.... EVERYTHING was blown!
Tree and all.
seriously... are you kidding me?
I'm sooo D.O.N.E.




2 comments:
I think the part where you blew the entire tree that Scott had just strung was classic!!! He is a good sport. My husband would have gave up a long time ago!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!
Oh.... and thank goodness for mom. She always comes through with everything!!!
So sorry about your lights! But I can't stop laughing! Maybe Scott is playing a joke on your!!! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment