Well, I am happy to report that we survived "ROUND TWO" last night! I don't have many great pictures to share, due to the fact that I realized @ 9:00, I hadn't pulled out my camera... dang! About 50 kids were here & for the most part things went pretty smooth. There were a lot of kids from the ward, but quite a few we didn't know. As far as I know, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to do this kind of a party next year, with Austin being a freshman, you don't get just the freshman's, you get sophomore's, junior's & senior's all from the high school. We had some kids that "DROVE" themselves to our house, of course Austin had never seen them before! With the technology of texts, you can't control who tells who that there is a party! Any way, if we decide to go forth with next year's party, it will have to be an invitation "ONLY" & mark their name off @ the door! It is just a bummer, you want to provide a place with good - wholesome fun things for these teens to do & it is not always that easy. There were a LOT more girls here then the pictures show but, unfortunately I can not post what they were wearing! This is another frustrating subject that I will maybe post about later! Thanks to my brother in law - Jason, my sister & the Rasmussen's for helping us chaperone all these new freshman's!











7 comments:
Oh but it was so much FUN! What a fun group of kids. I am so glad that Austin has such great friends. I really enjoy being around them! They are so respectful. Next year I would say NO juniors and seniors! Oh.... can I cover my husbands eyes next year? Too funny!
you are so brave...
Wow Tracey, you have been BUSY!! I'm so glad you went ahead and did the parties despite the weather. It sounds like it was fun, despite a Christmas carol here and there.
I can't believe those pictures of your truck and motor home. Seriously, that is so scary! I'm so glad everyone was ok. What an amazing blessing.
My kids loved both parties. Thanks for being such a great hostess as always! Go Simas' family!
sounds like you survived both parties alright..so did you slip in the lullaby & christmas carols at austins party?? too funny! your blog looks great!!..who did it?
Ditto on the blog set up. It looks fantastic. Teen parties sound a little scary. Let me know how the next one goes with two bouncers at the door with the invitee list. That is hilarious.
thanks for inviting me!!
Post a Comment